Ashley and Brandon’s Wedding at The Historic Stanahan House | Fort Lauderdale
Wanna know the wedding we can’t stop gushing over? It’s Ashley and Brandon’s at the Stranahan House in Ft.Lauderdale! This adorable couple met through a mutual friend and felt the heat of their spark while watching the Heat playoffs almost six years ago. “It didn’t take long for us to fall in love” Ashley shared. Brandon chose a special day to pop the question, it was during their annual New Year’s Eve party, surrounded by family and friends, when Brandon gave Ashley her first surprise of the new year.
“..champagne in hand, counting down for the ball drop. At the stroke of midnight we kissed. I started cheering all of our friends around us, when I notice Brandon down on one knee, ring in hand. I was in COMPLETE shock and disbelief. In a room full of people I love, the love of my life asked me to marry him. Of course I started crying… who am I kidding, I’m crying right now as I type this.” (See?! Gushing!!).
Flash forward to the wedding, displaying a vintage romantic style was perfectly set at the Stranahan House, Fort. Lauderdale’s oldest home (now a museum). This couple took the “something old” and spread it throughout the wedding, including things like Ashley’s grandmother cake topper and bible, and Brandon’s grandfathers 1960’s Mustang. Those simple and personal touches is truly what made this wedding one of a kind. Scroll down to see all the beautiful moments of this wedding captured by the Michelle Lawson Photography team!
Any wedding advice for a recently engaged?
“Advice for a recently engaged couple? The same as I'm sure everyone always says... as hard as it is, try and stay focused on what's important... you're getting to marry the love of your life! Try to stay calm. Things are going to go wrong in the planning process. You will hit some bumps along the way... believe me, I have got some stories... but what is meant to be, will be. Everything happens for a reason and I truly believe that. I planned our wedding for a year. I think that's literally all I did for a solid 8 months. And I would do it all over again. All of the tears were totally worth it. Our day was perfect. And not because it was perfectly planned out, but because we were together. We had done it! Our relationship is stronger than it ever has been and I just can't wait to continue this adventure as husband and wife.”
- Ceremony - Stranahan House
- Reception - Stranahan House
- Wedding Rings - Digby & Iona
- Wedding Dress - Sottero & Midgley "Gabriella"
- Bridal Shop - Patricia South
- Bridesmaid Dresses - Each Bridemaid purchased their own dress to fit their own style. I wanted them to feel comfortable and great. I gave them a color pallet of grays and some ideas I had. All purchased from different places as they all live in different States. 1) MOH- JJ's House 2) 2nd bridesmaid dress purchased from Lulus.com 3) 3rd bridesmaid dress purchased from David's Bridal
- Grooms Tux - Jos A Bank (Feather Boutonniere purchased from Brackish)
- Groomsmen formal wear - Jos A Bank (Feather Boutonniere's purchased from Brackish)
- Hair - Faces by April (but I wouldn't recommend)
- Makeup - Also wouldn't recommend the gal who did our makeup...
- Caterer - Yummy Chori (Argentinian food)
- Florist - Victoria Park Florist - I LOVED my bouquets. Steven from Victoria Park really nailed the look I wanted.
- Event Planner / Decorator - Me! The event coordinator at the Stranahan House (Lindsay) was the day of coordinator and was very helpful along the entire planning process. She encouraged me to DIY as much as I could and was a very calming/positive influence throughout it all.
- Event Rentals - Allure Rentals
- Lighting - Allure Rentals did the lighting in the tent. (It's come out after the event that they had some MAJOR issues with the tent... so... )
- Cake / Dessert - Yummy Chori
- Entertainment - my niece and nephew!
- Dj - Patrick Manfredi
- Invitations - We went with a local invitation shop "Ft. Lauderdale Invitations"
- Centerpieces - We made ourselves! I really lucked out with a good friend of mine who volunteered to come set up all of the table centerpieces and decor for me. We did some trials beforehand and I couldn't be happier with the way they all turned out. Between her and Lindsay, my husband and I really loved the way they all turned out. We purchased all of the flowers/greenery for the centerpieces ourselves, bought the flameless candles and the cut wooden pieces and just sort of put together a look that was organic and just "us".
- Wedding Favors - Matchbooks purchased from ForYourParty.com