Finding the Right Photographer | South Florida
It is our belief that there are two things you get from a wedding that you’ll cherish forever, your new spouse, and the photos. The time and consideration you put into deciding every detail of your wedding should be captured exactly how you want it, it’s only the most important day you’ll ever plan… There are so many factors to consider when hiring a wedding photographer that it may seem overwhelming and a bit complicated. Here are a few tips and reminders to help you narrow down the perfect photographer for your wedding day.
Priority and Budget
Determine how important it is to you and your fiance to have a professional photographer capture the special moments throughout the day, is it important enough to cut expenses else where if needed? Or do you trust friends with smartphones to snap some pics as well?
Meet in person, and trust your intuition
Maybe you find a local photographer whose Instagram page you L O V E… but didn’t their personality… keep looking. You are going to spend most of your wedding day with or around your photographer so they need to be someone you and your wedding party can enjoy the company of. There will be no worse feeling than looking back on your beautiful photos but only remembering the snooty comment they said right before taking that shot. Your happiness is the most important part of your wedding, and that means hiring vendors that make you happy with their work, and their attitudes.
Have your questions prepared and plentiful.
First and foremost always ask if the photographer has your date available, so you don't waste time talking to vendors who cannot do it. Try to book your photographer at least one year to six months in advance as their schedule can fill up quite quickly.
So when you find that photographer with the great personality, portfolio, and date available it's time to get down to the details. We suggest having all questions you have for your photographer written down and prepared going into your meeting, that way there's no last-minute surprises like a travel fee when the bill comes. Here are just some of the question important for couple and photographer communication
Download the questionnaire here: http://bit.ly/2oINNmP
- How many weddings have you shot? Any in my style and size of event?
- What is your work style? Blending into the background? Or styling shots? Determine what kind work style you would like to see in a photographer beforehand, even if it is both.
- Have you shot at my location before? Bonus if they have!
- May I see a list of references? Any vendor should have one.
- Are you photographing any other events the same day as mine?
- Will you have an assistant(s) with you during my wedding?
- If my event last longer than expected will you stay and will there be an additional charge?
- May I give you a list of shots I would like? Also mention any special people you would like pictures with that are not in your wedding party
- What packages do you offer? And are they customizable?
- When can I see a contract? Don't hire a vendor without one.
- Do you also have insurance? And a cancellation/ refund policy?
- How will I receive my photos? and in how long after the wedding?
These are just a few important questions, make sure you ask everything you want to ensure you are picking the right photographer, a good vendor should never hesitate to answer anything important to you.